Founded in 1919, Beta Alpha Psi is a non-profit international honorary and service organization for accounting and financial information students at AACSB- or EQUIS-accredited colleges and universities.
The primary objective of Beta Alpha Psi is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field. This includes promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems; providing opportunities for self-development, service and association among members and practicing professionals, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.
The Stonehill College Mu Omega Chapter
of Beta Alpha Psi adopts the mission statements and objectives of Stonehill College, its AACSB-accreditied Department of Business Administration,
as well as Beta Alpha Psi.
Our chapter's focus is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the field of accountancy by promoting the study and practice of accounting.
A Stonehill education encourages students to develop a lifelong desire for self-discovery and commitment to service that will lead to truly purposeful and rewarding lives. Through its curriculum Stonehill College provides an education of the highest caliber that fosters critical thinking, free inquiry and the interchange of ideas. Stonehill College educates the whole person so that each Stonehill graduate thinks, acts, and leads with courage toward the creation of a more just and compassionate world. To accomplish this vision, students undertake a program of studies that encourages scholarship, critical analysis and creative thinking.
Are You Interested in Being a Part of this Prestigious Organization?
Pledging Candidate Requirements
Student candidates will be considered
for membership after a two semester pledging process. To pledge, Stonehill College students need to:
(1) Complete the first two years of the business program including BUS203 and BUS204.
(2) Hold an overall GPA of 3.25 and 3.50 in BUS203 and BUS204.
(3) Declare accounting as your major.
(4) Pay an application fee of $95.
Membership into Mu Omega is granted to Pledging Candidates if, after 2 semesters of participation:
(1) They are regarded as a member in good standing.
(2) Have maintained an overall GPA of at least 3.25.
(3) Have maintanied a GPA of 3.50 in a minimum of 12 hours (4 courses) of accounting coursework that can include BUS203 and BUS204
(4) Completed a minumum of 40 hours of professional development and community service during the pledging year